Who we are
We are b-compliant, a boutique Compliance Consultancy firm, supporting the Financial Services sector.
Types of data we collect
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code;
- web browser type and version;
- operating system;
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our Site, and the site you exit to;
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on our Site;
- Supplying our services to you (please note that we require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Personalising and tailoring our services for you;
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button on the bottom of our emails;
- Market research;
- Analysing your use of our website and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve your user experience.
With your permission or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message or post with information, news and offers about our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
When someone visits b-compliant.co.uk we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
As part of the registration process for our blog The Buzz Word, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t trade or share email lists with other organisations and businesses.
There are certain companies that we have selected to support us in the delivery of our services to you, such as technology companies and companies who help us in our contact with you, or if requested by a supervisory authority such as FCA or ICO. As such we may share your details with these companies. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. If you wish to do this please contact us via this email [email protected], or by calling 0161 979 0726 clearly stating what information your request is in relation to.
Changes to this Privacy Notice